The VE4 comes in two styles. The first has a multi-drip in the middle of the tie, while the second has two offset double drips placed apart. This second style is intended for walls with larger cavities ensuring the drip sits in the clear cavity. The double-drip style is only available for the 275mm tie.
- BBA Approved light duty housing ties (Agrément Certificate: 17/5462).
- Application – A light duty wall tie used in box-form domestic dwellings that have inner and outer leaves of a similar thickness. They are suitable for buildings with a maximum height if 10m and for flat sites where the basic wind speed is up to 27m/s and altitude is not greater than 150m above sea level.
- Design – Multidrip feature to prevent moisture travelling across the cavity, it can be installed either way up. The 275 tie features two offset drips to ensure a drip always sits in the clear cavity.
- Material – Manufactured from grade 304 stainless steel.
- Behaviour in relation to fire – Non combustible (as defined in the national Building Regulations).
- Durability – Excellent corrosion resistance and a service life of not less than 60 years.
- Thermal performance – In situations where thermal losses through ties need to be taken into account, the products will adequately resist thermal transmittance through a wall cavity.
- Compliance – Tested as Type A (sound) and as Type 4 (strength) to BS EN 845-1.
- Specification – Available for specification on the NBS Source platform.